McDonald’s Corporation is the world’s largest hamburger fast food restaurant company; their main headquarters are located in Oak Brook IL, USA. The Company was established in 1940, and today is on the NYSE (New York Stock Exchange) symbol MCD. Wikipedia
Most of the McDonald’s fast food, is American Food acquired from USA soil and waters.
According to the McDonald’s website:
- They are commited to “improving our environmental performance…and reaping “double green” benefits around the world”.
- None of their meat is fake (no binders or fillers); The burger patties are 100% USDA inspected pure beef, the chicken is 100% USDA real chicken, the pork is also 100% pork and USDA inspected.
- Excessive demand at times requires the importation of 100% pure beef from USDA inspected suppliers that are located in Australia or New Zealand; No meat is purchased from South America .
- The fish used in the US made Filet-O-Fish sandwich is Alaskan Pollack that is sourced from MSC-certified fisheries.
- The coffee is imported; the beans come from the mountains of Colombia, Guatemala and Costa Rica and the country of Brazil.
- All the water used in the carbonated fountain drink beverages, coffee, and tea, is filtered and maintained at the highest quality standards.
When we contacted McDonald’s about the source of various other food items and if they purchased local food products, we received this reply:
“Thank you for taking the time to contact McDonald’s with your concerns about McDonald’s supply chain.
McDonald’s USA purchases the majority of its products from within the United States. For example, we source potatoes from the Northwest, Apples from Michigan and Washington State, and the majority of our lettuce from California and Arizona. Our practice is to source from approved suppliers that can help us ensure fresh and assured products that meet the high standards for quality and food safety. Occasionally, domestic purchases are supplemented by international markets in order to help us maintain these standards.
Again, thank you for contacting McDonald’s. We hope to have the opportunity of serving you again soon under the Golden Arches.”
For the year 2014 McDonald’s will co-sponsor the NASCAR Chip Ganassi Racing and Felix Sabates Racing Team; the driver will be
Jamie McMurray. He will be driving the #1 Chevy SS, the Crew Chief will be Keith Rodden.
Find a Local McDonald’s near you: Fast food near me
American Food, McDonalds, Fast Food, Local Food
Oak Brook, IL 60523